Translate

Monday, March 05, 2007


Not that this is a great shot, but I'm posting it just to show how treacherous this coastal path was. It kept getting narrower and narrower, and muddier and muddier, and there is a sharp drop off on the right -- several hundred feet straight down to the North Sea. On the left was an equal drop off down to a torrent coming down from the moors. While it looks sunny in this picture, a half hour later, the wind picked up and we had some rain, and the hiking became pretty difficult.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jlbussey said...

I don't know, it looks like a great path to me!

Anonymous said...

I would want to lace up my trail runners and head off for a long run! I love running in mud and rain - must be from my cross country days. Of course I'm not real fond of several hundred foot drops into the sea. And I bet the North Sea is a bit cold for swimming in March :)