Translate

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Furnace Run Metropark, Oak Trail

Today, I hiked the Oak Trail at Furnace Run.   It was also our first dusting of snow for the year.  The teasel trees along the interstate were lovely...like little puffs of cotton.  I wish I could have gotten a photo of them.


Brushwood Pavillion


Trailhead


Furnace Run


Lots of firewood has been cut and stacked along the Oak Trail


Christmas Ferns


Moss in the snow


Memorial to Charles Brush: To all those who love as he loved, the far sky and smiling land.



And one shot of a red-berried tree at Seiberling Nature Realm, where I picked up my 2011 shield for my hiking stick, on completion of the Fall Hiking Spree Challenge.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brrr, starting to look a little chilly!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo the first snow! Looks awesome :D

helen said...

Love that red tree and the place in general looks great!